Sunday, July 10, 2011

My New Art Journal

Before I start this post I would like to welcome all my new followers and thank you for joining this special journey. I hope that I may inspire you in some way and look forward to all your responses, feedback and shared inspirations.

Now on to my new project...making an art journal was on the top of my list of things I wanted to do this summer...and it is finally on its beginning stages. YES!!!

The true reason behind it is that I was offered a truly special opportunity this summer and as part of my job I will be attending an Art Teachers Workshop in Ardeche, France. So coming up are some wonderful days sorrounded by gorgeous lanvender fields, a very tranquil landscape and some artistic inspiration by joining other fellow art teachers. So I want to create a journal for this special trip and make a true effort to add journaling about it, memorabilia, sketches and just some fun experiments to it. I will keep adding to it once I get back with the final details and embellishments that I find along the way...So today I'd like to share you with my warming up first pages and the cover....

These are the elements I started with:




And this is how it looks right now...(the pages are not finished, so that I may add things to them when I am there. This is a watercolor pad, since I need to get the real Moleskin Journal I want from Amazon but it will have to do for now.



For a better look at my first pages and how the parts work please visit my YT Channel...I love your comments they are like little presents or just leave me a short hello it makes this whole blog experience very special to get your responses.
Stay creative and Happy Sunday!
Evy

3 comments:

  1. Oh Evy.. I could NOT wait to comment on this beautiful journal that you made. It is stunning, really beautiful!! You are just so creative and I always love to see the new things that you come up with. I LOVE the profile of the face and how you used the yarn for her hair.. very cute and creative!! I am SO excited for you and your upcoming vacation. You are going to have such an amazing time and you totally deserve it. Please, Please, Please take tons of photos so we can see what you saw and experienced. What a wonderful journal that you made and will always remember all of the fun times, the amazing sites that you saw and your whole experience in general. You did a really great job and I can't wait to see the finished product after you get home from your trip. Congratulations!! While I am here I wanted to ask you something. There have been 2 other pretty new blogs that have really supported me just like you have. All 3 of you have very little followers and I WANT to help you get more followers. You all really deserve to have more people read your amazing posts and see your beautiful creations. I am waiting to hear back from the other 2 crafters giving me the go ahead to post about them on my blog. I would LOVE and be honored to include you into this post. I really want more people to come to your blog and visit and become a follower. Even if I have to have a huge giveaway and they have to follow all 3 of your blogs I will do it. That is how much you all mean to me. Tomorrow I have an appointment at 10 am so I will check my comments and email before I go then when I get home. Hopefully you will give me the ok to talk about your blog and I will post about all 3 of your blogs. Evy.. do you know how much of a blessing that you are to not only me but to the whole world? You are NEEDED in this world and I want others to see what I see. Thank you for always being so special, sweet and supportive of me and I would love to pay it forward to help you. I will talk to you soon and I hope you are resting soundly and getting a great nights sleep!! Many hugs Evy!! Terri of Two Pink Peas www.twopinkpeas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful journal. You did a lovely job on it. It's going to be so great when you fill it with your thoughts and keepsakes from France. What a marvelous opportunity for you. I am a new follower. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! I can't wait to see more of your work! I came over to say congratulations you own my Blog Hop giveaway for Whimsical Wednesday challenge. Please use my email contact button in my profile to give me your postal address and I will send out your peachy keens. x

    ReplyDelete